Monday, June 2, 2008





Well the Tolmans had another fun weekend, and tried to celebrate Ike surviving his first month. It started late Friday night with a girls night out for me and a boys night out for Matt and Ike. I was able to go see my new favorite movie Sex and The City with Jen and Patti. It was a much needed night for me, and I appreciate Matt taking on the full time duties of Isaac so I could go out with the girls. Matt and Ike got their boys night as well that night. Hanging out with Jake and watching some boy movie. Of course the night had its drama. Being new parents and all we still haven't gotten down how to prepare ourselves in a timely fashion. On the way to the theatre I receive a phone call from Matt asking if we had left our door unlocked in hopes to get Ike's bottle and food that we left on the counter. (I made sure I pulled it out so we didn't forget it, and that worked well) No luck with an unlocked door, and the only key was with me on our way to the movies. The boys took an adventure to Fred Meyers to find them closed, on to Wal-Mart and they were closed as well. What happened to 24 hour Wal-Marts? Last but not least Safe-Way to the rescue. Isaac didn't starve and Jake and Matt were able to get refills on their beers. Saturday was another movie night for the family with Ike's first trip to the drive in theatre. Nothing better than kicking it in the back of the good old Subaru to watch a couple of movies. We watched the Chronicles of Narnia, and Ironman. Well at least Matt watched them, Isaac and I fell asleep. Still it was a fun night and a great way for Matt and I to see a movie together. After our adventures of being unprepared this weekend I have begun my list of what we need for our trip to Boise. I'm sure we will forget something important and realize it when Ike is having a melt down and we are in the middle of nowhere. 

No comments: